Gary Barker to Step Down as CEO, Remains A Shareholder;
Industry Veteran and Non-Executive Board Member Adrian Gill to Serve As Interim CEO
London, UK — July 14, 2020 – The Reapit Group today announced that Gary Barker will step down as chief executive officer following a planned transition phase. The company’s board has initiated a CEO search and has confirmed that non-executive board member Adrian Gill will assume the role of interim CEO.
“Throughout Gary’s tenure as CEO of Reapit, we have always appreciated his deep commitment to the PropTech space, to Reapit’s customers and our employees,” said Park Durrett, Managing Director of Accel-KKR and a member of Reapit’s board of directors. “Since our investment in Reapit, the team has more than doubled the size of the business, expanded internationally and launched major industry innovations. Reapit’s strong management team is now poised to enter the next phase of growth through organic and strategic M&A opportunities. Gary’s next endeavor will give him the opportunity to once again do what he does best: taking disruptive tech to market. We are delighted that Gary will remain a shareholder in Reapit, and we wish him the very best.”
Barker commented, “I am extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished as a team at Reapit. We have grown from a regional solution to a global player that, through industry-leading solutions like the Foundations platform, has brought unmatched innovation to how estate agencies run and grow their businesses. To that end, we have never stopped championing better, more open PropTech solutions for estate agents and through the innovation of Foundations for example, have done exactly that. Now there is an opportunity for me to do that again with another brand. To me, this is not goodbye as I will not only remain as a supportive shareholder of Reapit, but my new company has already signed up to Foundations. The PropTech revolution is now in full swing.”
The board has named industry veteran and non-executive board member Adrian Gill to oversee the company’s day-to-day operations, effective immediately.
Gill has spent the last twenty years in property services with 10 years at Connells Estate Agents before becoming CEO of LSL plc’s estate agencies. After leaving LSL, he became Group CEO at Leaders Romans, a private equity-owned 150-branch estate agency. Gill has served on Reapit’s board of directors since 2019.
Gill commented, “As a board member and an industry insider, I have a firsthand view of Reapit’s impressive business performance and vast market opportunities available. Reapit’s employees and customers are our key focus – we will continue to work hard to support them and maintain Reapit’s impressive momentum. With the backing of Accel-KKR, I look forward to working closely with Reapit’s talented senior leadership team to ensure we continue to drive new sales, serve our existing customers, support our employees, and onboard a new CEO.”
Durrett added, “The board has the utmost confidence in Adrian and the Reapit team to deliver continued strong operational performance. The PropTech space is a fast-growing and innovative industry, and estate agencies rely on Reapit to run and grow their businesses and offer new solutions to drive efficiency. Accel-KKR is bullish on the market, and we look forward to helping take Reapit to the next level.”
- Reapit is utilised by thousands of estate agencies, including those that represent high-profile brands such as CBRE, Countrywide, JLL, Leaders Romans, LSL and Savills.
- Expanded its suite of services from its early days in property management software to award-winning Agency Cloud and Property Cloud solutions that provide everything estate agents need to run and grow their businesses, from sales and lettings to property management, front office to back office and everything in between.
- Expanded into international markets through the acquisition of Agentbox in Australia. Agentbox is the No. 1 real estate CRM solution in the country.
- Won The Negotiator’s Gold Prize in “Best Agency Software” for three consecutive years.
- Launched the Foundations Developer Portal and App Marketplace, a groundbreaking innovation in the PropTech space that enables customers, ISVs and developers to create unique apps and workflow solutions on top of Reapit’s award-winning platform and customer base that give their respective businesses a competitive edge. Foundations is a cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and a true game changer for the PropTech industry to unleash creativity through an open developer portal. Foundations was oversubscribed during its alpha phase launch.
- Became the first PropTech company to place on the Megabuyte50, a list of best-performing privately-owned technology companies in the UK.
Founded in 1997, The Reapit Group is a CRM and Client Accounting software provider specialising in the residential real estate sector. Bringing 20 years of innovation to the property market, their award-winning software provides everything estate agents need to run and grow their businesses, from sales to lettings, front office to back office, and everything in between. Reapit’s Agency Cloud and Property Cloud software products include the Sales and Lettings CRM, Property Management and Client Accounts; supported with powerful Analytics and Online solutions. The driving force behind Reapit’s ethos is a commitment to bring all of an agency’s data together for a single customer view, and together with its powerful service and training model, the company has helped to grow leading brands. The Reapit open platform partner program is at the hub of a PropTech ecosystem delivering tested solutions and increasing choice of tools for agents. Together, Reapit is utilised by thousands of estate agencies across the UK and Australia, including those that represent marquee brands such as CBRE, Countrywide, JLL, Leaders Romans, LSL and Savills. For more information, please visit www.reapit.com.
0781 183 3260